Wet-Nap® began with the vision of Nice-Pak Products, Inc. founder, Arthur Julius, who created the very first Wet-Nap® cloth in his 2500-square-foot loft in lower Manhattan in 1957 using a converted soup portioning machine. Julius believed that wet wipes were the optimal delivery system for cleaning and hygiene – far superior to the normal towel and soap method – and that there was a real need to clean hands before and after eating in restaurants. This belief drove him to introduce Wet-Nap® at the National Restaurant Show in 1960, and in 1963 start selling Wet-Nap® products to Colonel Sanders for use in his KFC restaurants.
Arthur’s son, Robert Julius, who is now Chairman and CEO of Nice-Pak, said to the Colonel: “Your chicken is great and it's finger-licking good, but when I’m done licking my fingers I need something to clean them with.”
The relationship with KFC flourished, and soon Nice-Pak Products, introduced the modern “Spork”, a combination of a fork and spoon, in order to help the Colonel save money.
Over the years, Nice-Pak has pioneered many wet wipe categories in consumer, healthcare, foodservice and other commercial markets, helping families live cleaner and healthier lives. Today, Nice-Pak is proud to bring the iconic Wet-Nap® brand back to retail shelves across the country.
With a goal to be the global leader in pre-moistened wipes, and a company-wide commitment to research, quality, innovation and service, we continuously strive to build mutually beneficial partnerships with customers, vendors and communities based on seven principles:
- Quality: Create and deliver superior products, services and information at competitive prices to the marketplace on a timely basis
- Continuous Improvement: Raising the bar for both the company and the industry
- Cost Effectiveness: Be the low-cost producer of products without sacrificing quality
- Exceeding Expectations: Exceed our internal and external customers’ expectations professionally and properly every time to protect these relationships
- Investing in Employees: Attract and develop outstanding individuals who are committed to achieving our corporate goals in an environment that encourages shared knowledge, teamwork, open communication and proactivity with the acknowledgement of positive performance
- Supplier Partnerships: Develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with our suppliers
- Community Responsibility: Actively support the local communities in which we work and live